Anti Wrinkle Injections
B…x is a natural purified protein produced by Clostidium botulinum bacterium-b…x.
Used for Anti-Wrinkle Injections (b…x) aesthetic treatments. B…x is one of the most popular treatments in the UK. When he is applied to the muscle, usually face muscles, he disables movement of the muscle for some period of time. In this way, wrinkles are reduced for that period of time. Other great treatment options are for people affected by migraines or by to treat hyperhidrosis (extensive sweating).
The differences between the medicines are related to the manufacturing process and purification process. What that means is the different brands, whilst having the same active component, have different amounts of the non-active proteins mixed in.
The amount of the additional proteins can be measured in terms of the weight of a complex, the complex being the active molecule and its associated proteins.
B…X the complex weighs 900 kD (kD stands for kilodalton, which is a measure of weight used for molecules) Anti-Wrinkle Injections b…x Bocouture weighs in at 150 kD, this is the weight of the active component itself meaning that the Bocouture preparation has no additional complexing proteins in the mix, containing only the active compound.Anti-Wrinkle Injections
The other difference other than the amount of actual protein, or biological material in the vial is the excipients. These are other things added to the vial to help maintain the stability of the medicine before it is reconstituted and injected.
None of the excipients have any medical or biological activity.
So there are the differences, what about the similarities? There have been numerous studies performed to assess the differences between the different preparations, and there is the wealth of anecdotal evidence collected as expert opinion from doctors who have performed thousands of treatments. The duration of effect has been studied, the side effect profile, the spread, the diffusion, patient and practitioner satisfaction. So far no significant reproducible difference in the clinical effect between all three preparations has been identified.
Final Summary Anti-Wrinkle Injections! B…X
For you as the patient, there is no significant clinical difference between the formulations, they are all good! At our clinic we have experience with both formulations and currently use mainly BOCOUTURE as the fact it has less protein means it is theoretically less likely to cause a reaction (unlikely and uncommon with all preparations), and it is more affordable too!*
Injections for Wrinkle Reduction:
– BOCOUTURE £190 (3 areas)
– B…X (Depends on treated areas)
anti wrinkle injections edinburgh
*Disclaimer: Results may vary from person to person.
Non invasive anti wrinkle
- Try to exercise your treated muscles for the first hour after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows or squinting). This helps to work the treatment into your muscles. Although this may help your procedure outcome, it will NOT impact your treatment negatively if you forget to do this.
- Do NOT have a facial, nor rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours after your treatment.
- Do NOT lie down or do strenuous exercise for three hours after treatment. Also, avoid any exposure to a sauna, hot tub or tanning for four hours. This will prevent your blood pressure from rising and thus minimize the risk of bruising after treatment.
- Please be aware that some, though very few patients, experience a mild headache. You may take Tylenol to help with this for pain relief.
- Be assured that tiny bumps or marks will go away within a few hours after your treatment. There is a small risk of bruising. If this occurs, do not worry since it will only be temporary and can easily be covered up with makeup. Any little bit of bruising may last up to one week.
- After B…x is placed into the targeted muscles, the weakening effect gradually begins anywhere from 3-7 days and is not complete for two weeks. Therefore, optimal results are not seen for at least
- B…x will last approximately 2-3 months at first. However, if you maintain your treatment appointments with the frequency recommended, the duration of each treatment result may last
longer than four months.
- Filler will last approximately 6-12 months.
- After filler is injected, you may be bruised, red or feel some swelling. This will all go down in time and you will feel the full effect of filler in about two weeks.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your recent injections, please contact your Plastic Surgeon’s office.