08 Dec What Is Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening? Everything You Need to Know.
Ready to say a goodbye to your wrinkles but you are not willing to undergo a surgery procedure? If your answer is yes, then continue reading!
What Is Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening?
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is a non-surgical skin lift and tightening procedure – relatively new in the beauty industry. It is a non-invasive and highly effective alternative to cosmetic surgery. This procedure can treat face areas from forehead, upper or lower eyelids, cheeks over to lips, chin or neck. For the whole list of treatments available in our Edinburgh clinic.
The Fibroblast treatment is done by a specially developed Plasma Pen that utilizes plasma flashes – an air between its metal tip and the skin. The flashes stimulate the fibroblast in the skin and breaks down old collagen. The skin shrinks into brown spots on the skin which reduce excess skin cells and smooth out and tighten fine lines and wrinkles. The treatment also rejuvenates the skin and improves its quality, tone, or texture. Although it is a non-surgical treatment the results are similar!
Needless to say, that the effects do not revert like such as a Botox when you need to repeat the same procedure every couple of months. Your skin will still age, but the effects of Fibroblast treatment will be a new starting point for your sin. The treatment is extremely effective as your skin will look perfect for 2 to 4 years. The lasting effect depends on your skin type as everyone’s skin is different. In order to make the treatment last as long as possible and to fully achieve the desired look, we do recommend a minimum of three sessions. However, more sessions you have the better the look will be!
Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is a painless treatment, however, some discomfort from the flashes can be felt such as tingling or burning.
Is It for Me?
The answer is yes! Fibroblast Plasma Skin Tightening is for everyone irrespective of their age, skin type, or gender. You should think about this procedure if you are concerned:
- You are not happy with the natural look of your skin
- Wrinkles or fine lines anywhere on your skin
- Sagging skin anywhere on your face
- Scars, including acne scars
- Baggy eyelids
- Crows feet
However, we do recommend consulting with your doctor if you have any type of skin disorder or other medical conditions or if you are not sure if this treatment is for you.
Before Treatment Instructions
To make the most out of the treatment we do recommend following before:
- Do not wear makeup on the day of the procedure.
- Use a sun protection cream with a minimum factor 30 for 2 weeks before the treatment.
- Do not use skin care products containing glycolic acid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, or retinol/retinoid.
- Do not sunbed or sunbath for 4 weeks before the treatment.
Procedure Step by Step
During the consultation your technician will assist the treatment area and decides if the treatment is suitable for you. The treatment is performed right after the consultation, however, if you would like to see us before the treatment, we are happy to accommodate that.
If a serious of treatments are performed, we do advise to wait for 8 to 12 weeks before scheduling another appointment.
- Cleaning and numbing of the skin
The area of treatment is cleaned, and a numbing cream is applied to the skin and left to develop and take effect.
- Using of plasma pen
The plasma pen is used to treat the designed skin area. The flashes will develop small brown spots on the skin as the cell shrinks and the skin tightens.
- Cleaning and cooling of the skin
After the treatment a numbing cream is removed, and a cooling cream is applied to minimise any discomfort such as tingling or burning.
Risks and Side Effects
Although the treatment is a safe procedure, ss with any procedure there are some risks and possibility of side effects associated with this treatment.
- Immediately after the procedure you can feel tingling or burning in the treated area. Your skin can also be a bit red. This should disappear within a few hours.
- Some swelling can be seen in a treated area as the skin has been irritated – especially with eye treatment. It can take up to 3 days for the skin to regenerate, however, it always depends on the client’s skin.
- Brown spots on the skin will become a crust and flake away within 5 to 7 days.
- Always follow a recommended aftercare!
Healing and Aftercare
The initial healing time takes up to 7 days. Full recovery usually takes from 6 to 12 weeks – it always depends on the client’s skin and how well the skin is taken care of.
Furthermore, the following is recommended:
- An icepack covered with a clean cloth can be placed on the swollen area.
- Always keep the area clean to avoid infection.
- Use a sun cream with a factor 50 to protect the treated area.
- During the recovery time, the area may be cleaned with tepid water and a baby shampoo.
- Do NOT pick the crust form brown spots off.
- Do NOT use makeup unless the crust has fallen off completely.
- Do NOT use skincare containing Glycolic or other exfoliating ingredients as it will irritate the skin.
- Do NOT use any lotions or creams unless instructed.
- The area should be kept dry and free from oil.
- Do NOT rub or touch the area.
- Do NOT use saunas or sunbeds and avoid the sun as much as possible.
- Do NOT work out, swim or use a steam bath or hot tub.
Before and After Results
Procedures done in our Edinburgh clinic by our certified artists.
Before and after treatment
#fibroblast #plasmapen #skin tightening